采访成功人士的英语对话

2017-05-11

不经历风雨怎么见彩虹,让我们一起来看看成功人士的生活吧。李阳的疯狂英语众所周知,现在英语越来越重要。国家也在英语方面进行了不少改革,小编在这里预祝大家能摆脱哑巴英语,开口就能流利地说出一口流利的英语。下面就由小编为大家带来几则英语对话,大家可以多读几遍,练一练语感。

采访成功人士的英语对话

A:

So how did it happen that you created Craigslist?

是什么促使你创立Craigslist网站?

B:

The effort started in 1994 when I was at CharlesSchwab, working then on overall securityarchitecture.

那是在1994年,那时我还在嘉信理财,负责总体安全架构。

But I also saw people using the Internet and figuredit was going to be important eventually for anyonein the brokerage business.

但是我看到人们使用互联网,觉得互联网将在经纪人生意上大有作为,

So I started evangelizing that at Schwab.

于是我开始在嘉信理财宣讲这个观点。

While I was looking around at the Internet, I saw a lot of people helping each other out

我在互联网上到处看到人们互相帮助,

and thought that I should do something, too.

于是我想我也可以做点事情。

So in 1995,I began to e-mail a bunch of friends about art and technical events in SanFrancisco.

因此,在1995年,我开始通过电子邮件向朋友们传达旧金山地区艺术展和科技活动的消息,

Over the months that followed, people kept asking if I could add the occasional job posting andlistings for things to sell, too.

几个月后,人们问我可不可以加点临时职位发布,或者求购消息,

Then I said, “Let’s add apartment listings, too.”

于是我说,干脆连房屋租赁消息也加上算了,

It was all done through a very simple E-mail, a cc: list.

那些都是通过简单的电子邮件抄送列表进行的。

This is the sort of pattern we still have today

现在我们依然保持着这种形式

—people suggest stuff to us, we do what makes sense and then we ask for more feedback.

人们向我们提出建议,我们将一些行得通的付之于行动,然后寻求更多的反馈信息。

I left Schwab around the same time I began Craigslist.

我大约在创建Craigslist的同时离开了嘉信理财,

Soon I went freelance and had a lot of fun, while working on Craigslist as a hobby.

我成为自由职业者并享受到极大的乐趣,将Craigslist作为一种兴趣来做。

One milestone was hit in the middle of 1995.

1995年中期是一个里程碑,

At that point, I was sending my e-mails to about 240 people,

那时我向大约240个人发送电子邮件,

but the list at that point had gotten around to friends of friends as well.

但那些列表也在朋友的朋友中传播。

At 240 addresses, though, the cc: list mechanism broke.

可是,240个地址的抄送列表机制崩溃了。

Then I had to use a listserve.

我不得不使用列表服务,

I was going to call it SF Events, since it was still mostly events,

我准备叫它SF事件,因为它毕竟还是一个事件,

but friends told me that they already called it Craigslist,

但朋友们说他们都称之为 Craigslist,

that I had created a brand unintentionally and that I should keep calling it that

我无意中创造了一个品牌。我应该一直用这个名字,

because it was personal and quirky.

因为它是私有且奇怪的。

The thing just kept growing.

一切都在继续发展。

采访成功人士的英语对话:霍华德舒尔茨

A:

Our guest tonight is Howard Schultz, the chairman of Starbucks Coffee Company.

今晚我们的客人是星巴克咖啡公司的董事长,霍华德舒尔茨。

He has turned his passion for coffee into a multi billion dollar global business with stores in over 10,000 locations worldwide including Turkey.

他用自己对咖啡的热情创造了价值数十亿的全球生意,在全世界1万多个地方经营咖啡店,包括土耳其在内。

B:

Yes.

是的。

A:

Thank you for being with us Schultz.

欢迎您的到来,舒尔茨。

B:

That’s my pleasure, thank you.

很高兴来这里,谢谢。

A:

I think our viewers would be very interested to know about your early days,

我想我们的观众会对您早期的生活很感兴趣,

how Starbucks entered into your life and perhaps more appropriately

星巴克是如何进入您的生活的?或者更确切的说,

how you entered into the life of Starbucks in the early 80’s.

在上世纪80 年代初期,您是如何开始星巴克生活的?

Could you elaborate a little bit about that?

您可以说说吗?

B:

Sure. Well the story is that I actually joined Starbucks as an employee. In the fall of 1982.

当然。其实我最开始是作星巴克的雇员。是在1982年的秋天。

And when I joined the company we had three stores, getting ready to open up our 4th.

我刚加入公司的时候,我们有3家店,正在 打算开第4家。

What attracted me to the company at that point was the entrepreneurial opportunity

这个公司吸引我的地方在于它提供的成为企业家的机会,

and I was really drawn to the quality of the coffee

咖啡的质量很好,

and the fact that Starbucks at the time was educating the entire community,the city of Seattle on what good coffee really is.

并且那个时候,星巴克正在向西雅图所有的人解释什么才是好咖啡。

I honestly never dreamed at the time that I would one day own the company

那个时候我做梦都没想过这个公司有一天会属于我,

and or be in a position where we would have as you said 10,000 stores around the world

也没想过有一天我们会在全世界范围内拥有如你所说的1万多家星巴克店,

has just been an incredible journey for all of us.

这对我们来说是一场令人难以置信的旅程。

Actually now you are present in Turkey as well

事实上,现在您在土耳其也开店了,

and I know in the course of approximately three years you have over 20 stores and

并且我知道,您计划3年内在伊斯坦布尔和安卡拉这两个城市开大约20家店,

I believe, two cities Istanbul and Ankara and you have plans for expansion there as well.

并且还有扩张的打算。

A:

What are your plans for Turkey and the region in general?

您在土耳其这个地区大致的计划是怎样的?

B:

I must say, I had never been to Turkey before and I visited your country a year ago,

我必须要说的是,之前我从没有来过土耳其,

and actually I brought my daughter with me and we had an extraordinary visit.

一年前我带着我的女儿一起来过你们的国家,那是一段极好的旅程。

更多相关阅读

最新发布的文章