哈佛中国留学生情景对话:中国留学生社团

2017-03-20

哈佛大学,简称哈佛。坐落于美国马萨诸塞州剑桥市,是一所享誉世界的私立研究型大学,是著名的常春藤盟校成员,被公认为是当今世界最顶尖的高等教育机构之一。下面小编为大家带来关于哈佛中国留学生情景对话,欢迎大家学习!

哈佛中国留学生情景对话:中国留学生社团

John is walking home when he runs into a friend called Li Lei. Li Lei is a Harvard undergraduate student from China.

L: Hi, John.

L:你好,约翰。

J: Hey, Li, haven’t seen you for a while. How are you doing these days?

J:你好,李,有一段时间没看到你了,最近怎么样?

L: I’m good. What’s new with you?

L:我很好,你呢?有什么新鲜事吗?

J: Nothing much. Oh, I made a new friend. Guess what? She,s from China too.

J:设什么。对了,我交了一个新朋友,猜猜看?她也是来自中国。

L: Really? Is she a Harvard student too?

L:真的?她也是哈佛的学生吗?

J: She,s my classmate. Look, here she comes.

J:她是我的同班同学。看,她来了。

(Han Meimei comes over.)

(韩梅梅走过来了)

L: Is this your new friend, John? Hi, Han Meimei, long time no see.

L:约翰,这就是你的新朋友吗?你好,韩梅梅,好久不见了!

H: Oh,my god! Li Lei, what a coincidence to meet you here. How is everything going?

H:哦,天哪,李雷!在这儿遇到你真是太巧含啦,一切都好吗?

L: Fine! You look great too.

L:很好,你看起来不错!

H: Yes, but I’m still getting used to my new Life here.

H:嗯,不过我正在慢慢适应在这的新生活。

J; You knew each other?

J:你们认识?

H: Yes, wfe were neighborhood, but I didn’t see him often after he came to America,

H:是的,我们是邻居,但自从他去美国后我就没有看到他了。

J: That’s great! I believe you two have a lot to talk about. I might as well go first. See you.

J:太棒啦!我想你们一定有很多事要聊,我还 是先走吧,再见!

H ; See you tomorrow.

H:明天见!

L: See you around.

L:再见!

H: How is life at Harvard?

H:在哈佛过得怎么样?

L: Not bad. But at first it’s hard for me to adjust to it.

L:还行,只是刚开始时对我来说有点难适应。

H: That’s must hard for you.

H:那对你来说一定很难。

L: Fortunately, I got a lot of help from the Chinese students' association at Harvard.

L:幸好,在哈佛的中国学生社团绾予了我很多帮助。

H: Sounds like a fellow townsmen,club back in China.

H:听起来就像是在中国的同乡俱乐部。

L: In America, all Chinese are fellow “townsmen”.

L:在美国,所有的中国人都是老乡。

H: Can I join it if I go to Harvard in the future?

H:如果我将来进哈佛了也能加入吗?

L: You’ll be welcome because you can give us a big hand once you join us.

L:你会受到欢迎的,因为一旦价、加入会给我们带来很大帮肋。

H: What’s the association’s name exactly? I’d like to look it up from the internet.

H:社团确切的名字是什么?我想在网上査找一下。

L: Harvard-Radcliffe Chinese Students Association.

L:哈佛大学中华学会。

H: How does it help Chinese students?

H:它是如何帮助中国学生的呢?

L: The biggest help offered by it is to make us feel at home, I would say. It hosts nearly 80 events each year, celebrating our traditional festivals, and keeping us aware of Chinese culture.

L:它最大的帮助是让我们感觉在家里一样。总之,它每年约举办80次活动,庆祝 我们的传统节日,让我们保持对中国文化的认识。

H: It ought to be that way. It'll be very embarrassing if foreigners ask something about Chinese culture that we should not know at all.

H:它就应该那样做!如果外国人问我们一些关于中国的文化知识我们却什么都不知 道,那样会很尴尬的。

L: That’s why we founded such an association at Harvard College. Actually there’s another Chinese association at Harvard, but it’s for graduate Chinese students.

那就是为什么我们在哈佛大学成立这样一个社团了。事实上,哈佛还有另外一个 中国社团,不过它是专为研究生和已经毕业的中国学生设立的。

H: What’s that?

是什么?

L: It’s called Harvard Chinese Students and Scholars Association. Personally speaking, this one is more important.

它叫做"中国学生和学者联含会”。就个人而言,它更重要。

H: I don’t understand.

我不明白。

L: You know, a lot of Chinese graduate students spend their undergrad years in China, so their thinking model is almost fixed.

你知道,很多中囷学生没毕业之前大都在中国,他们的思考模式已经固定了。

H: It must be even harder for them to adjust to American culture and society,

对他们来说,适应美国的文化和社会必定更难。

L: Few of them can completely overcome the language and cultural barrier, though they generally have no difficulty in scientific communication.

他们很少能完全克服语言和文化的障碍,虽然他们一般在技术性的沟通上设有困难。

H: So they are in need of help. HCSSA can safeguard their rights and interests while promoting Chinese culture. Am I right?

所以他们需要帮肋,HCSSA在宣扬中国文化时能够保障他们的权利和利益。我说 的对吗?

L: Completely! You have the awareness we need. You must come to join our association when you're admitted by Harvard.

非常正确!你有我们所需要的意识。如果你被哈佛录取了一定要来参加我们的社 团啊。

H: I’m flattered, but I’m glad I’ll be helpful.

过奖了,但很高兴会有所帮肋。

更多相关阅读

最新发布的文章