优美英文美文

2017-03-23

美文的阅读与欣赏对于中学生人文素质的提升具有不可忽视的作用。下面是小编带来的优美英文美文,欢迎阅读!

优美英文美文1

Dear Josephine, I have your letter, my adorable love.

亲爱的约瑟芬,我收到了你的信,我的爱人。

It has filled my heart with joy...

你的信使我充满了欢乐

Since I left you I have been sad all the time.

自从与你分手以后,我一直闷闷不乐,愁眉不展。

My only happiness is near you.

我唯一的幸福就是伴随着你。

I go over endlessly in my thought of your kisses, your tears, your delicious jealousy.

你的吻给了我无限的思索和回味,还有你的泪水和甜蜜的嫉妒。

The charm of my wonderful Josephine kindles a living, blazing fire in-my heart and senses.

我迷人的约瑟芬的魅力像一团炽热的火在心里燃烧。

When shall I be able to pass every minute near you, with nothing to do but to love you and nothing to think of but the pleasure of telling you of it and giving you the proof of it?

什么时候我才能在你身旁度过每分每秒,除了爱你什么也不需做;除了向你倾诉我对你的爱并向你证明爱的那种愉快,什么也不用想了?

I loved you some time ago; since then I feel that I love you a thousand times better.

我不敢相信不久前爱上你,自那以后我感到对你的爱更增一千倍。

Ever since I have known you I adore you more every day.

自我与你相识,我一天比一天更喜爱你。

That proves how wrong is that saying of La Bruyere "Love comes all of a sudden.

这正好证明了La Bruyere说的"爱,突如其来"多么不切合实际。

Ah, let me see some of your faults.

让我看你的一些美中不足吧。

Be less beautiful, less graceful, less tender, less good. But never be jealous and never shed tears.

再少几分甜美,再少几分优雅,再少几分温柔抚媚,再少几分姣好吧。但决不要嫉妒,决不要流泪。

Your tears send me out of my mind... they set my very blood on fire.

你的眼泪使我神魂颠倒你的眼泪使我热血沸腾。

Believe me that it is utterly impossible for me to have a single thought that is not yours, a single fancy that is not submissive to your will.

相信我,我每时每刻无不想你,不想你是绝无可能的,没有一丝意念能不顺着你的意愿。

Rest well. Restore your health.

好好休息,早日康复。

Come back to me and then at any rate before we die we ought to be able to say: "We were happy for so very many days!"

回到我的身边,不管怎么说,在我们谢世之前,我们应当能说:"我们曾有多少个幸福的日子啊!"

Millions of kisses even to your dog.

千百万次吻,甚至吻你的爱犬。

优美英文美文2

当斋月撞上奥运会

It is said that faith is both a gift and a task. By Saturday this week most Muslims around the world will have begun observing the month of Ramadan, the ninth month of the Muslim lunar calendar known as the month of fasting. Between sunrise and sunset, the adult and able Muslim, neither eats nor drinks and while many continue their day as normal, others take time out from their daily schedule for increased prayer and worship. But this year Ramadan will prove a particular challenge to the estimated 3,000 Muslim athletes coming to the UK for the Olympics.

人们说信仰既是馈赠也是任务。这周六,世界各地大多数的穆斯林要开始庆祝斋月。斋月是伊斯兰历的第九个月,是穆斯林封斋的月份。健康的成年穆斯林在日出后到日落前禁止一切饮食,许多人继续日常的生活,有些人会抽空花更多时间做祷告和礼拜。不过今年的斋月有一项特别的挑战,大约三千名穆斯林运动员将来英国参加奥运会。

This is probably the first time in recent history when the Olympic Games and Ramadan coincide. Some have chosen to defer their fasts till the games are over while other will probably train and compete around their 16 to 17 hours of fasting. It's true that some people find fasting easier than others, but personally speaking I'm amazed at any athlete who feels able to compete having gone without food or drink for so long. In London mosques are organising themselves to lay on evening meals or iftars to welcome all athletes of all backgrounds, Muslim and non-Muslim as a gesture of solidarity and hospitality. Sacred time will hopefully bring people together in new ways and create new friendships. While Ramadan is understood as a fundamental pillar of Islam, it can often become one of the most debated issues of faith.

这也是奥运会和斋月自近代以来的第一次相遇。有的人选择在奥运会结束后进行斋戒,然而,有的人也许会锻炼自己,在比赛的同时完成每天16到17小时的斋戒。当然,对一些人来说,斋戒并不像其他人觉得的那样吃力,但就我而言,只要有运动员在这么长时间内不吃不喝的情况下还觉得自己有竞争力,我都会感到惊叹不已。伦敦的各个清真寺都在组织提供晚餐或者开斋小吃给所有运动员享用,不论他们是何种出身,是否是穆斯林,展现他们团结一致、热情好客的姿态。神圣的时刻有希望能以崭新的方式把人们聚集在一起,结成新的友谊。斋月被认为是伊斯兰教基本的精神之柱,因此它常被卷入信仰这一饱受争议的话题。

There are exemptions from fasting for the elderly, the pregnant, the sick and infirm, those travelling, those on medication but these categories are traditional categories not always catering for the demands of modern times. Summer months here in the UK are the most challenging with long periods of daylight when life in theory should go on as normal but is simply not possible for so many. Every year there are debates and rulings about who can be exempt, how to make up for missed fasts, but in my view, people's approach to Ramadan remains quite conservative and in fact its difficulty becomes its very appeal. It's sacred time, a holy month and in the eyes of many fasting remains the ultimate act of endurance and patience in obedience to God. The Qur'an itself refers to fasting in various verses but one reads, "God intends for you ease, and He does not want to make things difficult for you." This kind of verse can be open to a variety of interpretations about how to live your faith more respectfully, not just in this month but throughout life. Physical abstinence is undoubtedly difficult but like all rituals, the period of self-reflection is essentially about transforming oneself both in body and soul.

老人、孕妇、病弱之人、旅人和需要服药的人可以不进行斋戒,但这些只是传统的规定,并没有顺应现代社会。英国夏天的这几个月日照时间长,极具挑战性,尽管在理论上能够正常生存,但实际上对许多人都是不可能的。每年人们都为谁能免于斋戒以及如何弥补错过的斋戒争论不休,制定各种规定,但依我看来,人们对待斋月的方式依旧十分传统,而且许多难题亟待解决。这是一个神圣的时期,一个圣洁的月份,在许多人眼中,斋戒是遵从真主表现忍耐力和耐心的基本行为。在《古兰经》中,有各种各样描写斋戒的诗句,有一句这样说到,“真主赐予你从容,他不会让你为难。”这一诗句从多种方面诠释了应如何更加恭敬地对待自己的信仰,不仅仅在这一个月里,而是在整个生命历程中。毫无疑问,在生理上完全禁食是非常困难的,但和所有宗教仪式一样,人们自省的本质是从身心上改变自己。

优美英文美文3

I sit on the bridge, my feet dangling over the edge into the cool water. My chin rests on the wrought iron railing.

我坐在这座桥上,双脚搭在边上伸到清凉的水中。我的下巴靠在铁艺栏杆上。

I stare at the tree across the water. An orange leaf drifts off and lands in the water and I watch the ripples as they spread.

我盯着水那边的那棵树。一片橙色的叶子飘下来落在水面上,我看着涟漪荡漾开来。

The water is still today, the calmest that we’ve had all week.

今天的水很平静,是一周以来最平静的一天。

When my sister and I were younger, Mum used to say there was a water spirit that lived in the river.

当我姐姐和我小的时候,妈妈常说有个水怪住在这条河里。

On the stormy days when the water was rough, she said it was because he was angry.

在暴风雨的日子里水面汹涌时,她说那是因为水怪很愤怒。

I always laughed and told her that there was no such thing as a water spirit.

我总是笑着告诉她,没有水怪这种东西。

I wish she was here to tell that story again.

我希望她还在,再讲一次这个故事。

I stand slowly and walk over the bridge across the water.

我慢慢起身走过水面上的桥。

The boards creak beneath my feet and the wind blows my auburn hair into my eyes.

桥板在我的脚下吱吱作响,风把我赤褐色的头发吹进了眼睛里。

Mum always told me my hair was so beautiful and that I should let it grow until it touched the floor.

妈妈总是告诉我,我的头发是如此美丽,我应该让它一直长到碰到地面。

I knew she was joking, but I did it anyway.

我知道她在开玩笑,但我还是这么做了。

Maybe I did it because it reminds me of her, but I don't really know why.

也许就是因为这样做让我想起了她,但我真的不知道为什么。

I have to braid it every day to stop it knotting, and it feels like it takes an age to brush out, but it's worth it. It makes me feel like she's still here with me.

为了防止头发打结,我每天都要把它编起来,梳头发时感觉要过好久才能梳好,但这样做却很值得。这让我觉得她还在这里,跟我在一起。

I feel my feet touch the damp dirt and I tilt my head up.

我感觉到我的脚碰到了潮湿的泥土,我仰起头来。

The giant maple tree stands tall and wide in front of me.

一棵巨大的枫树高高地矗立在我面前。

An orange leaf falls on my nose and I shake it off with a smile.

一片橙色的叶子落在我鼻子上,我笑笑,把它给甩掉了。

This place is so beautiful.

这里是如此美丽。

I walk around the island slowly, taking in everything.

我漫步在岛上,欣赏着一切。

The sight of the city over the water, the sound of birds chirping, the feel of the dirt under my toes and the smell of autumn.

水面上城市的倒影,鸟儿的鸣叫声,脚下泥土的感觉以及秋天的气息。

Whenever we went to the park, Mum would stand still, close her eyes and breathe deeply.

每当我们去到公园,妈妈都会站着不动,闭上眼睛深呼吸。

Once, when I asked her what she was doing, she told me she was getting to know the park by listening to the trees and feeling the ground beneath her feet.

有一次,我问她在做什么,她说她在通过聆听树木和感受脚下的土地来了解这个公园。

I hesitate when I reach the grey stone path.

我走到灰石板路时犹豫了一下。

It is worn and I can see moss and weeds growing in the cracks.

它已经很旧了,我看到夹缝中长出了苔藓和杂草。

I shake the leaves out of my hair and pick my way along the path.

我将头发里的树叶甩掉,沿着这条路继续走。

It winds through the trees and shrubs until it hits the biggest tree.

它蜿蜒地穿过树和灌木,延伸到一棵最大的树。

There, in front of the tree is a grave stone.

在那里,树前有一块墓碑。

I pick a flower from the ground and lay it in front of the stone as I kneel down.

我从地上摘了一朵花,放在墓碑前,跪了下来。

I read the words on the grave stone. Marisa Lorizo, 24th May 1978 - 18th September 2010.

我读着墓碑上的字。Marisa Lorizo,1978 年 5 月 24 日 -2010 年 9 月 18 日。

Sadness wells up inside me and a single tear slides from my eye, then another, then another.

我内心涌出一股悲伤来,然后一滴眼泪从眼里流出来,然后又一滴,接着又一滴。

I cry until I can’t cry anymore.

我一直哭,直到我再也哭不出来。

I take a deep breath and look up with red eyes and tear stained cheeks to see that the sun is setting.

我深吸一口气,然后红着眼,眼泪还留在脸颊上,抬起头来,看到太阳在落下。

Rays of orange and pink light bathe the water and I suck in a breath.

橙色和粉红色的光线照耀着水面,我吸了一口气。

The sight is breathtaking.

这景象美得令人窒息。

I remember that this was her favourite time of day.

我记得这是妈妈一天当中最喜欢的时光。

I stand up. It is time to go home.

我站起身,该回家了。

I look at the grave one last time and blow a kiss towards it.

我最后看了一眼墓碑,朝它飞吻了一下。

“I miss you, Mum.”

“我想念你,妈妈。”

更多相关阅读

最新发布的文章