关于消防安全的英语美文
随着经济和社会的快速发展,人民物质和精神文化生活水平的大幅提高,公民的社会公共安全需求也随之增加,火灾风险和防控压力不断增大。在此背景下,公共消防安全管理面临着威胁和机遇的双重考验。小编精心收集了关于消防安全的英语美文,供大家欣赏学习!
关于消防安全的英语美文篇1
教给孩子消防安全知识
By teaching your children fire safety you can make sure they know what to do when a house fire occurs. Making sure that your children know exactly what is required of them cuts down on the chaos of the emergency situation and helps keep your family safe and secure.
All children should know about important fire safety procedures such as the need to stay low to the ground in a smoky room and the need to stop, drop, and roll if their clothes should catch fire. Staying low to the ground keeps you from inhaling smoke, as smoke always rises towards the ceiling. Smoke inhalation can lead to unconsciousness, and is a big component of deaths caused by house fires. Tell your family members that they can put a damp rag or a piece of clothing over their faces and breathe in through it in order to cut down on the effects of smoke inhalation even more. However, you generally shouldn't waste time finding a damp rag in an emergency; it's also dangerous to use a faucet to wet a damp rag depending on the severity of the fire, as if the water pipes in your home are exposed to high temperatures the water traveling through them may be converted to steam which will blast out of the faucet and cause burns.
Make sure your children know how to correctly stop, drop, and roll and feel confident in the fact that it works. It smothers the fire and deprives it of oxygen, which puts out the flames. The usual response to clothing catching on fire is to run around and flail about wildly, which only exposes the fire to more oxygen and feeds the flames. Your children should also know to touch door handles before opening the door to see if they are hot. If they are, it means that there's a fire in the next room, and they should leave the door closed and find another route out of the house.
Make sure your children understand that they should never play with lighters or matches. Fires started by playing with these things are the leading cause of fire-related injuries in children under five years old. Many children are fascinated by lighters and matches and want to experiment with lighting things on fire to see what happens. Hide lighters and matches in your home and keep them out of the reach of your children in order to cut down on the temptation. Make sure all flammable liquids such as gasoline and lighter fluid are securely stored out of the reach of your kids.
Do regular fire drills to practice your evacuation plan so that your family knows what to do in an emergency. Make sure everyone knows all the possible exit points of the house that they can use; a fire in your home will be a chaotic situation, and it's best to make sure all members of your family know your evacuation plan well enough so that it is second nature and they don't have to waste time thinking if a fire starts. Quick, determined response to a fire will save your family members' lives.
关于消防安全的英语美文篇2
德国胖子5年没洗澡,消防员救他戴防毒面具
Firefighters forced to wear gas masks asthey rescued a 25-stone man who had not washed forfive years and was stuckinside filthy apartment knee-deep in pizza boxes
消防员拯救一名5年没洗澡的350磅男子时戴上了防毒面具
Firemen in Germany were forced to don gasmasks to rescue a bedridden obese man who hadnot washed in five years.
德国消防员在拯救一名5年都没洗澡的卧床不起的胖子时不得不戴上防毒面具。
Neighbours of the 25-stone man thought their apartment block in the town of Nurtigen nearStuttgart, had been targeted in a chemical attack when firemen turned up wearing bio-hazardsuits and respirators.
当这些消防员穿上生化服和呼吸器出现时,这名350磅男子的邻居们以为自己的公寓大楼遭到了化学袭击。
But it was because of conditions inside the65-year-old's apartment - described as'absolute hell'by one firefighter -which forced them into such drastic precautions.
可事实是这座65年前建造的公寓里糟糕的环境不得不让他们采取这样的防护措施,其中一位消防员称里面简直就是地狱。
'It was knee deep in rubbish, from rotting pizza boxes to old food andtins....and verminrustling about,' the firefighter added. 'The smell was indescribable.'
“垃圾到处都是,达到膝盖那么深,有腐烂的比萨盒,有陈旧的食物和罐头,到处是寄生虫,里面的味道真是难以形容。”
Firemen had to smash the front door to his apartment down because there was too muchrubbish behind it to push open.
消防员不得不把公寓大门摧毁,因为门后面都是垃圾,根本打不开。
The morbidly obese man was was found amid a pile of the refuse with serious difficultybreathing. A neighbour called police after hearing rhythmic tapping on her ceiling - his SOS forhelp.
这名胖子在一堆垃圾中被找到,当时他呼吸困难。楼下的一名邻居听到自己天花板上出现有节奏的敲打声时报了警,这是他的求救信号。
The man was too fat to exit through the door to his home and had to be lowered with a craneto a waiting ambulance.
这名男子太肥了,连门都出不去,只能通过起重机将其送入救护车。
Firefighters were later seen hosing off the equipment used to hoist the obeseand foul-smellingman from the apartment block and disinfecting their protective clothing.
随后人们可以看到消防员用软管冲洗刚用于运送这名臭哄哄的胖子的设备,以及给自己的防护服消毒。
He told rescuers that he had been unable to wash and dress himself for the past five years andlived on take-out food that was delivered to his apartment.
这名胖子对救援人员说五年来他都没有换洗,并且通过送到公寓的外卖过活。
A neighbour told a German newspaper: 'Wehad no idea what kind of state his apartment wasin, but we got a whiff of it after firemen opened the front door.'
一名邻居对媒体说:“我们不知道他公寓里是什么情况,但当消防员打开他前门时,我们闻到了味道。
相关文章拓展阅读:消防员的祈祷Firefighter's Prayer
When I am called to duty, God,
上帝啊!当我被责任召唤时,
Whenever flames may rage
尽管火焰总是那麼猛烈,
Give me strength to save a life
请赐给我力量去拯救生命,
Whatever be its age.
无论他是多大年纪。
Help me embrace a little child
请帮助我抱出一个小孩,
Before it is too late
在“为时已晚”之前;
Or save an older person from
或是,救出一位老人,
The horror of that fate.
从恐怖的灾难中挣脱。
Enable me to be alert
请使我有足够的警觉,
And hear the weakest shout
能够听到最微弱的呼喊,
And quickly and efficiently
Put the fire out.
并迅速的将火扑灭。
I want to fill my calling
我要完成使命的召唤,
To give the best in me
尽我最大的力量来
To guard my friend and neighbor
守护每一位邻人
And protect his property.
并保卫他的财产。
And if according to Your will
如果有一天按照您的意愿
While on duty I must answer death's call
我注定要失去生命
Bless with Your protecting hand
请用您的庇护之手
My family one and all.
保佑我的家庭。