4级英语阅读文章精选

2017-03-02

大学英语文章阅读是大学英语教育教学中的重点,对教学目标的实现具有非常重要的作用。下面是小编带来的4级英语阅读文章,欢迎阅读!

4级英语阅读文章精选

John and Bobby joined a wholesale company togther just after graduation from college the same year. Both worked very hard. After several years, however, the boss promoted Bobby to theposotion of manager but John remained an ordinary employee. John could not take it anymore, tendered his resignation to the boss and complained the boss did not know how to delegate and did not value hard working staff, but only promoted those who flattered him.

The boss knew that John worked very hard for the years. He thought a moment and said, "Thank you for your criticism, but I have a request. I hope you will do one more thing for our company before you leave. Perhaps you will change your decision and take back your resignation."

John agreed. The boss asked him to go and find out anyone selling watermelon in the market. John went and returned soon. He said he had found out a man selling watermelon. The boss asked how much per kg? John shook his head and went back to the market to ask and returned to inform the boss $1.2 per kg.

Boss told John to wait a second, and he called Bobby to come to his office. He asked Bobby to go and find anyone seling watermelon in the market. Bobby went, returned and said, boss, only one person selling watermelon. $1.2 per kg, $10 for 10kg, he has inventory of 340 melons. On the table 58 melons, every melon weights about 2 kg, bought from the South two days ago, they are fresh and red, good quality.

John was very impresed and realized the difference between himself and Bobby. He decided not to resign but to learn from Bobby.

My dear friends, a more successful person is more observant, thinks more and explores in depth. Chances exists in the daily details. For the same matter, a more successful person sees more and farther so that he can find out an opportunity and catch it to realize his aim. If a person sees one year ahead, while another sees only tomorrow. The difference between a year and a day is 365times, how could you win?

约翰和博比同年大学毕业后,被同一家批发公司录用。他们二人工作都很努力。然而,几年后,老板提拔博比为部门经理,而约翰还是一名普通员工。约翰再也无法忍受,冲动之下写了一封辞职信,并抱怨老板不会用人,不重用那些敬业的员工,只提升那些奉承他的人。

老板知道这几年约翰工作确实很努力。他想了一会儿说:“谢谢你对我的批评。但是我只有一个请求,我希望在你离开之前再为公司做一件事情。或许到时你会改变决定,收回辞呈。”

约翰答应了。 老板让他去市场找到一个卖西瓜的人。约翰去了并很快回来。他说他找到了一个卖西瓜的人。老板问他每公斤多少钱?约翰摇摇头,回到市场去问,然后又回来告诉老板每公斤1.2美元。

老板让约翰等一会儿,这时他把博比叫到办公室。他让博比去市场找到一个卖西瓜的人。博比去了,回来之后说:“老板,只有一个卖西瓜的人,每公斤1.2美元,每10公斤卖10美元。这个人一共有340个西瓜,其中58个放在货架上,每个西瓜重约2公斤,都是两天前从南方运来的,新鲜,红瓤,质量好。”

约翰受到很大的触动,他意识到自己与博比之间的差距。他决定收回辞呈并向博比学习。

亲爱的朋友们,成功的人更善于观察,勤于思考和孜孜探求。机遇就存在于生活的细节中。同样的一件事,一个成功的人会看得更多更远。有人看到一年后的情景,而你只看到明天。一年与一天的差距是365倍,你怎么能赢呢?

4级英语阅读文章阅读

你是上帝的妻子吗

New York city: It's a cold day in December. A little boy about 10-year-old was standing in frontof a shoe store on Broadway, barefooted, peering through the window, and shivering with cold.A lady approached the boy and said:"My little fellow, why are you looking so earnestly in thatwindow?"

"I was asking God to give me a pair of shoes." The boy replied.

The lady took him by the hand and went into the store, and asked the clerk to get a half dozenpairs of socks for the boy. She then asked if he could give her a basin of water and a towel. Theclerk quickly brought them to her. She took the little fellow to the back part of the store and,removing her gloves, knelt down, washed his little feet, and dried them with the towel. By thistime the clerk had returned with the socks. Placing a pair upon the boy's feet, she thenpurchased him a pair of shoes, and tying up the remaining pairs of socks, gave them to theboy. She patted him on the head and said:"No doubt, my little fellow, you feel more comfortablemow?"

As she turned to go, the astonished lad caught her by the hand, and looking up in her face,with tears in his eyes, answered the question with these words:"Are you God's wife?"

纽约城,12月份寒冷的一天。一个10多岁的小男孩赤脚伫立在百老汇的一家鞋店前,透过橱窗朝里面凝望着,在寒冷中,他禁不住瑟瑟发抖。一位女士走近男孩说道:“我的小朋友,你那么认真地盯着橱窗,看什么呢?”

“我在请求上帝给我一双鞋子。”男孩回答。

女士牵着他的手走进了商店,让店员去取半打棉袜。然后她问能否打一盆水并拿一块毛巾。很快店员取来了。她把小家伙带到商店的后面,脱下手套,蹲下来给他洗了那双小脚,然后用毛巾擦干。这时,店员也取来了袜子,她把一双穿到了男孩的脚上,又为他买了一双鞋子,然后捆好剩余的袜子递给了男孩,女士拍着他的头说:“小朋友,现在一定感到舒服多了吧?”

当她转身刚想离开时,一脸惊讶的小家伙抓住她的手,仰起脸来盯着她,眼中噙满了泪水。他没有直接回答,而是问道:“你是上帝的妻子吗?”

4级英语阅读文章学习

老鼠嫁女儿

Once upon a time, there was a mouse father.

(很久很久以前,有一个老鼠爸爸)

He wanted to marry his daughter to the greatest person in the world.

(他想要将他的女儿嫁给世界上最伟大的人)

But, who was the greatest person in the world?

(但是,谁是世界上最伟大的人呢?)

Oh! The sun! He must be the greatest person in the world.

(啊!是太阳!他一定是世界上最伟大的人)

The mouse father went to talk to the sun.

(老鼠爸爸就去找太阳说话)

“Hello! Mr. Sun. I know you are the greatest person in the world.

(哈啰!太阳先生,我知道你是世界上最伟大的人)

Would you marry my daughter?”

(你愿意娶我的女儿吗?)

“What? I’m not the greatest person in the world. The greatest person is the cloud.

(什么?我才不是世界上最伟大的人呢!最伟大的应该是云)

If he comes out, I’ll be covered.”

(只要他一出现,我就被遮住了)

The mouse father went to talk to the cloud.

(老鼠爸爸就去找云)

“Hello! Mr. Cloud. I know you are the greatest person in the world.

(哈啰!云先生,我知道你是世界上最伟大的人)

Would you marry my daughter?”

(你愿意娶我的女儿吗?)

“What? I’m not the greatest person in the world. The greatest person is the wind.

(什么?我才不是世界上最伟大的人呢!最伟大的应该是风)

If he comes out, I’ll be blown away.”

(只要他一出现,我就被吹的远远的)

The mouse father went to talk to the wind.

(老鼠爸爸就去找风)

“Hello! Mr. Wind. I know you are the greatest person in the world.

(哈啰!风先生,我知道你是世界上最伟大的人)

Would you marry my daughter?”

(你愿意娶我的女儿吗?)

“What? I’m not the greatest person in the world. The greatest person is the wall.

(什么?我才不是世界上最伟大的人呢!最伟大的应该是墙)

If he comes out, I’ll be stopped.”

(只要他一出现,我就被挡住了)

The mouse father went to talk to the wall.

(老鼠爸爸就去找墙)

“Hello! Mr. Wall. I know you are the greatest person in the world.

(哈啰!墙先生,我知道你是世界上最伟大的人)

Would you marry my daughter?”

(你愿意娶我的女儿吗?)

“What? I’m not the greatest person in the world. The greatest person is YOU, the mouse.”

(什么?我才不是世界上最伟大的人呢!最伟大的其实是你们!是老鼠!)

“The greatest person in the world is … mouse?”

(世界上最伟大的人…是老鼠?)

“Yes, the greatest person in the world is mouse. See? If mouse comes out, I’ll be bit!”

(没错!世界上最伟大的就是老鼠,你看,只要你们一出现,我就被挖洞了!)

The mouse father was very happy.

(老鼠爸爸好开心!)

He finally knew mouse was the greatest person in the world.

(他终于知道世界上最伟大的人了,就是老鼠。)

He would marry his daughter to the handsome mouse next door.

(他决定要将自己的女儿嫁给隔壁英俊的鼠小弟。

更多相关阅读

最新发布的文章