双语朗读美文:回到过去对自己说的事
摘录:别傻了。读大学就是在为你的未来做好准备。
我向许多不同的人提了一个问题,即你想对过去的自己提些什么建议?下面直接列出人们给我的答案,未经任何修缮。
I asked a number of different people what advice they would give their younger selves. The responses are unedited below and are directly from responders to this question:
1. Don’t be stupid.
学着聪明点。
2. You could run into anyone from your past in your future.
在未来,你可能与任何过去认识的人不期而遇。
3. Take more vacations…
多享受假期……
4. Set some goals so we can have a better life. We are much smarter than we think we are so stop second guessing yourself. Follow your instincts. We will get through anything and everything that life throws at us so don’t despair.
只有给自己树立目标,才能获得更好的生活。我们比你自认为的要聪慧的多,所以别再怀疑自己。追随你的直觉。生活抛给我们的任何困难,我们都能够一一克服,所以别失去信心。
5. Don’t be so afraid of commitment. Sometimes it’s the thing you’re most scared of is the same thing that will end up setting you free.
别害怕承诺。有时候恰恰正是你最害怕的东西能够最终让你获得自由。
6. Don’t be stupid. College is all about setting yourself up for the future.
别傻了。读大学就是在为你的未来做好准备。
7. Just tell her that you love her.
快去告诉她你爱她。
8. College degree!!!!!
务必拿到大学文凭。
9. Enjoy life.
享受生活吧!
10. Don’t sweat the little things and don’t worry about things you can’t control. Everything will happen the way it’s supposed to.
对小事不要斤斤计较。对你无法掌控的事情不要杞人忧天。一切事物都会按照应有的方式发展。
11. Look around once in a while… sometimes what you need has been right under your nose the entire time.
偶尔看看你的周围。往往你需要的东西一直就在你的鼻子底下。
12. Trust your intuition more.
多多信赖自己的直觉。
13. Be patient and don’t rush things!
耐心点,不要太急躁!
14. Don’t worry about things so much.
忧劳伤身,别想太多!
15. Don’t smoke cigarettes.
别吸烟!
16. Learn how to handle your finances better.
试着更精明的处理自己的财务问题。
17. No matter how you feel today, get up, dress up and show up.
无论你今天感觉多糟,也要按时起床,梳洗打扮,出门开工。