少儿故事 英语
千镜之屋
The House of 1000 Mirrors
Long ago in a small, faraway village, there was a place known as the House of 1000 Mirrors. A small, happy little dog learned of this place and decided to visit. When he arrived, he hounced happily up the stairs to the doorway of the house. He looked through the doorway with his ears lifted high and his tail wagging as fast as it could. To his great surprise, he found himself staring at 1000 other happy little dogs with their tails wagging just as fast as his. He smiled a great smile, and was answered with 1000 great smiles just as warm and firendly. As he left the House, he thought to himself, "This is a wonderful place. I will come back and visit it often."
In this same village, another little dog, who was not quite as happy as the first one, decided to visit the house. He slowly climbed the stairs and hung his head low as he looked into the door. When he saw the 1000 unfriendly looking dogs staring back at him, he growled at them and was horrified to see 1000 little dogs growling back at him. As he left, he thought to himself, "That is a horrible place, and I will never go back there again."
All the faces in the world are mirrors. What kind of reflections do you see in the faces of the people you meet?
很久以前的一个很远的小村庄里,有一个以"千镜屋"而著名的地方。一个乐观的小狗听说了这个地方并决定去参观。当来到这个地方,他蹦蹦跳欢恰快的上了台阶,来到房门口,他高高竖起耳朵,欢快地摇着尾巴,从门口口往里张望,他惊奇地看到有1000只欢乐的小狗像他一样快的摇尾巴。他灿烂地微笑着,回报他的是1000张热情,友好的灿烂笑脸。离开时他心想:"这是一个精彩的地主,我一定要经常来参观。"
在这个村里还有另一只想参观"千镜屋"的小狗,他不及第一只小狗乐观,他慢吞吞地爬上台阶,然后耷拉着脑袋往屋子里看。一看到有1000只小狗不友好地盯着他,他便开始冲他们狂吠,镜中的1000只小狗也冲着他狂吠,把他给吓坏了,他在离开时心想:"这是一个恐怖的地方,我再也不会来了。"
世界上所有的脸都是镜子,在你所遇见的人的脸上你看到反射出来的是什么?
坐井观天
Look at the Sky from the Bottom of a Well
There is a frog. He lives in a well and he never goes out of the well. He thinks the sky is as big as the mouth of the well.
有一只青蛙住在井底,他从来没有去过井外面。他以为天空就和井口一样大。
One day a crow comes to the well. He sees the frog and says, “Frog, let’s have a talk.”
一天, 一只乌鸦飞到井边,看见青蛙,就对它说:“青蛙,咱们聊聊吧。”
Then the frog asks, “Where are you from?”
青蛙就问他:“你从哪里来?”
“I fly from the sky,” the crow says.
“我从天上上来。”乌鸦说。
The frog feels surprised and says, “The sky is only as big as the mouth of the well. How do you fly from the sky?”
青蛙惊讶地说:“天空就只有这井口这么大,你怎么会从天上来? ”
The crow says, “The sky is very big. You always stay in the well, so you don’t know the world is big.”
乌鸦说:“天空很大。只不过你一直呆在井里,所有不知道世界很大。”
The frog says, “I don’t believe.”
青蛙说:“我不相信。”
But the crow says, “You can come out and have a look by yourself.”
乌鸦说:“你可以出来,自己看看嘛。”
So the frog comes out from the well. He is very surprised. How big the world is!
于是青蛙来到井外。他十分惊讶,原来世界这么大!