生活英语情景对话:潜水和武术

2017-03-20

下面小编为大家带来生活英语情景对话,欢迎大家学习!

生活英语情景对话:潜水

Todd: Nicola, you were talking to us the other day that you went diving in Australia.

妮可拉,你要向我们讲讲前几天你在澳大利亚潜水的事儿?

Nicola: That's right I did.

是的,没错。

Todd: Wow, so what was it like?

哇,潜水怎么样?

Nicola: Well, actually it was quite scary to be honest. When I first started I did an introductory course, which was just maybe like two days. And so they just sent you out with all of the equipment, put you in the sea, and guided you, but then when I did the real course we started in the swimming pool, which was fine and it was all great fun, although there were two men on my course who completely freaked out and had to leave.

实际上,老实说很吓人。我第一次潜水前,先听了基础入门课程,大约只有两天的课程。然后他们就给了我很多器材,带我下海,有教练指导我,在我们在游泳池实际演练的时候,一切正常 而且很有趣,但我的班上有两名男学员吓坏了,他们最后只得退出。

Todd: Oh!

哦!

Nicola: Yeah! so that was fine but then they took us out to sea which was a bit different. Yeah, because they made us set up our own equipment, I mean they still checked us and everything so we didn't die, but we had to put on our own equipment. We had a diving buddy who I was with, and I was with my friend Graham, who I was traveling with anyway, and we went down into the sea. We went down maybe fifteen meters. And they always say like Don't Panic just keep breathing normally and everything. But I did kind of panic a bit.

是的!这些还好,但接下来教练带着我们下海就有些不同了。因为他们要求我们自己穿戴器材,他们仍然会检查我们的器材和其他所有事物,以确保我们不会死于非命,但我们需要自己穿戴 调试器材,然后下海。我有一个潜水伙伴,我的朋友Graham,我当时正和他一起旅行,我们两个一起下海。我们下潜了15米。教练会说“不要害怕,保持正常呼吸”。但我还是有一点害怕。

Todd: Oh, no!

哦,不!

Nicola: So then I rose to the surface really quickly, which you know, you're not supposed to do in diving. So I went up really quickly. Luckily we weren't deep enough to do any damage but my diving buddy Graham was having a great time down there looking at shipwrecks and didn't even notice that I was missing.

下海后我很快就浮上来了,这对于潜水来说不是个好现象。好在我很快又潜下去了。幸运的是我们潜得不深不会受伤,但我的潜水伙伴Graham潜下去探险沉船废墟,他甚至没发现我已经不见 了。

Todd: What a terrible guy!

是的,我知道,接下来……

Nicola: Yeah, I know. so, then...

哇!教练给他挂科了吗?我认为他这门课不合格。

Todd: Wow! Did they fail him? I hope he failed the course?

没有,他通过了。他交够了钱。他通过了。但这意味着我那天不能再下海潜水了,因为我已经潜得太深了,很遗憾。

Nicola: No, he passed. He paid enough money. He passed. But it meant that I couldn't go diving for the rest of the day cause I had gone down quite deep, so that was a shame, but.

这太糟糕了。但你没有伤害到你自己,你没有很快就浮上来?

Todd: That's terrible. But you didn't hurt yourself, you didn't come up to fast?

没有,我后来表现很好,但那是我当天最后一次下水了。好在我们还有几天时间可以下海潜水。

Nicola: No, I was fine in the end, but it was a shame because that was the end of my diving day. But we had a few more days to do it.

所以说,你现在能自如地潜水。你不再害怕了?

Todd: So now you are comfortable diving. You don't freak out anymore?

我不再害怕了,但我现在不能自己潜水,因为已经时隔很久了。

Nicola: I don't freak out anymore, but I couldn't go diving now on my own because it has been so long. Yeah!

生活英语情景对话:武术

Todd: Hey, Victor, I hear you're going home tomorrow.

嗨,维克多,我听说你明天要回家了。

Victor: Yes, I am.

是的。

Todd: Ah, that's too bad.....So how long have you been here?

啊,太遗憾了……你在这儿待多久了?

Victor: I've been here for two weeks.

我来这里两周了。

Todd: I'm sorry, I was never sure. Why did you come to Japan?

不好意思,我想问。你为什么来日本?

Victor: Came to Japan to study martial arts. Budo-Jujitsu is the art that we study.

我来日本学习武术。我在日本学习日本柔术。

Todd: Oh! OK, cool! So are like a black belt?

哦!酷!你达到黑带级别了?

Victor: Yes, yes!

是的!

Todd: Oh, really! Wow, how long have you been doing your martial arts?

哦,真的!哇,你学习武术多长时间了?

Victor: I've been studying this art for about 18 years I guess.

我学武术大约18年了。

Todd: Really!

真的!

Victor: A long time.

很长时间了。

Todd: That's a long time. You're a young looking guy. You like 18 years.

很长时间了。你看上去很年轻。你看上去就只有18岁。

Victor: Well, I'm an old guy.

我已经不年轻了。

Todd: Well, so when you go back to the states you also train.

你什么时候还会回来继续训练吗?

Victor: Yes, yes! We have a group that we train in martial arts there as sort of a hobby. It's sort of a way of life also. But I have a real job. I'm a civil engineer.

是的!我们有一个训练武术的小团队,武术已经成为了我们的一种爱好。也是我们的一种生活习惯。但我还有一份工作。我是一名土木工程师。

Todd: So, actually what does a civil engineer do?

土木工程师都要做什么?

Victor: In America a civil engineer designs things. In my case, I work on buildings, buildings that have structural problems, and I work on repair plans.

在美国,土木工程师的工作是要设计东西。拿我来说,我要设计的是建筑,建筑都会有结构问题,我要做的就是修复这些问题。

Todd: OK. Sounds like a tough job.

好的,听起来是个艰苦的工作。

Victor: It's OK. It's interesting. All buildings need repairs and it's fun.

还好。这份工作很有趣。所有的建筑都需要修葺,这很有趣。

Todd: Great, thanks a lot, Victor. Have a safe trip tomorrow.

很好,谢谢你,维克多。明天一路顺风。

Victor: Well, thank you very much.

好的,谢谢你。

更多相关阅读

最新发布的文章