关于职场的英语对话阅读
社会中的政治和经济密不可分,在职场中职场政治和个人能力同样密不可分,职场的精英们个个有能力,懂政治。小编整理了关于职场的英语对话,欢迎阅读!
关于职场的英语对话一
Playing Fair 公平交易
Telling a vendor who they're bidding against is acceptable.How much they bid is a secret untilafter the winner is selected. In this dialoge,Bill 's bid lost and Masha discusses it with him.
Bill: So how did I do?
Marsha:Not too good, I'm sorry.
Bill:I lost?
Marsha:It was close.
To be honest, you had the lowest price by three cents per uint,but they didn't like yourdelivery date.
Acme promised them almost a full month sooner.
Bill:So the price was good?
Marsha:Yes,they loved the price;the delivery date was the problem. They just didn't want tocut the delivery date that close.
If something went wrong and you didn't deliver,we might not be able to get stock in time forChristmas.
If you could have been two or three weeks faster on delivery, they might have gone with you.
Bill: So I didn't miss by much then.
Marsha:No.It was very close and they argued over the bid for a long time. Better luck next time.
Bill:I knew the delivery was slow but I figured the price would win it for me.
Marsha:That's possible,Bill.
But the price would have to have been a lot lower, like around fifty cents per unit.
关于职场的英语对话二
Honesty is the Best Policy诚实是上策
Dialog:
The following is an example of just how easy it can be. It could be face to face over the phone.Jack is selling speakers made in Taiwan,and Donna works for an American distributor.
Jack:Donna!How are you? It's good to hear your voice.
Donna:Thank you. Jack,it's always a pleasure doing business with you.
Jack:So how are things in the land of the free and the home of brave?
Donna:Great! And , how are things in your neck of the woods?
好极了!那你的地盘呢?
Jack:Things are so great here.
好到不能再好了.
I almost smiled myself to death last week. One of my cowworkers had to give me CPR.
上周我差点高兴得笑死,其中一个同事还帮我做心肺复苏术.
Donna:Oh.Jack,I have missed your sense of humor.
Ha ha ha! Nobody else sees things quite like you do.It's your gift.
Jack:Or a curse.
Donna:Nope,it's a gift.
Anyway,we need some more of those mid-range speakers you tricked me into buying last time.
Jack:That, my dear,was classic sales technique delivered by a professional.
Donna:Are you still gouging your customers the same price per unit?
Jack:Heck no, we doubled the price,but because it's you, I'll let you have'em at 50% off.
Heh,heh,heh!How does that sound?
Donna:You silver-tongued devil. Can't you ever just answer a question with a simple yes or no?
你这耍嘴皮子的家伙,你回答问题时,难道不能简单地回答"好"或"不好"吗?
Jack:I could ,but where's the fun in that?
关于职场的英语对话三
Now that the basic ground rules are set ,the details have to be cleared up. In the next stage ofthe negotiation, May learns what Mike needs and has to decide if she can do that.
既然现在这些基本规则都订好了,细节也都说清楚了,在下个阶段的谈判中,梅知道了迈克的需求后,得确定自己是否能达到要求.
May:What happens if we make a deal and thirty to sixty days after delievery the price goesdown and you didn't get the best possible price?
如果我们达成了交易,但交货的30~60天内,市面降价,导致你的价格不是最好的,该怎么办?
How do I handle that?
我要如何处理?
Mike:Well,these things happens,I know that. You just have to stay straight with me.
嗯,这是难免的,你只要直接告知我就可以了.
May:Right! So how do I do that? What will make you happy?
好!那我该如何配合,才能让你感到满意?
Mike:Well,I suggest you just keep me posted.That should do it.
我建议你随时跟我报告最新状况,这样就够了.
That way the burden is on me to decide when to buy, not you.
那样,我就能看准时间下单.毕竟做决定的人是我,不是你.
May:Excuse me?
什么?
Mike:Yeah,it really is that simple.
没错,就是这么简单.
Every time there's a change in the items we do business on , you let me know. That's all youneed to do .
只是交易的项目有变动,你就要让我知道.这么做就够了.
May:What kind of change,just in prices?
什么变动,只有价格吗?
Mike:No,any change.I want you to keep me as informed as you are.
不,任何变动,我要你随时提供最新进展给我.
I need to know as much as you do . If you hear about something that might happen,then tellme about it.
你知道的事,我也要知道.如果你听到什么风声,你就要告诉我.
Tell me it's rumor, what it's based on and your opinion on how likely it is.
就算是传言,也要告诉我为什么会有这种传言,你认为其可信度怎样?
May:You mean on product availability,reliability and price?
你是指产品的获得性?可信度?还有价格?
Mike:No ,everthing.
不只,是每件事.
Those things for sure,but also labor problems,raw materials,new subcontractors,mergers,inshort,anything and everything.
当然包含你刚刚说的那些项目,还有劳工问题、原料、分包商、合并等。决而言之,每件事我都要知道。
So I can make a fully informed decision.
这样我的决定才不会错。
MaY:So it's like you want me to be your eyes and ears into the indutry.
也就是说,你要我当你在业界的眼线。
I can do that,provided the company I'm working for isn't hurt.
可以是可以,只要不影响我的公司就好。
Mike:I think we'll get along fine.
我想我们会合作愉快。