简爱中的经典英文句子
《简·爱》(Jane Eyre)是十九世纪英国著名的女作家夏洛蒂·勃朗特的代表作,人们普遍认为《简·爱》是夏洛蒂·勃朗特“诗意的生平写照”,是一部具有自传色彩的作品。下面是小编整理的简爱中的经典英文句子,欢迎大家阅读!
Do you think I can stay to become nothing to you? Do you think I am an automaton?--a machine without feelings? and can bear to have my morsel of bread snatched from my lips, and my drop of living water dashed from my cup? Do you think, because I am poor, obscure, plain, and little, I am soulless and heartless? You think wrong!--I have as much soul as you,--and full as much heart! And if God had gifted me with some beauty and much wealth, I should have made it as hard for you to leave me, as it is now for me to leave you. I am not talking to you now through the medium of custom, conventionalities, nor even of mortal flesh;--it is my spirit that addresses your spirit; just as if both had passed through the grave, and we stood at God's feet, equal,--as we are!"
“你以为我会留下来,成为你觉得无足轻重的人吗?你以为我是一架自动机器吗?一架没有感情的机器吗?能让我的一口面包从嘴里抢走,让我的一滴活水从我杯子里泼掉吗?你以为,因为我穷、低微、不美、矮小,我就没有灵魂没有心了吗?你想错了!——我的灵魂跟你的一样,我的心也跟你的完全一样。我现在跟你说话,并不是通过习俗、惯例,甚至不是通过凡人的肉体——而是我的精神在同你的精神说话,就像两个都经过了坟墓,我们站在上帝的面前,是平等的——因为我们是平等的!”
“如果上帝赋予我美貌和财富,我一定要使你难以离开我,就像现在我难以离开你。”这可谓是《简爱》整本书中最经典的一句英文,也是我最喜欢的一句话。下面,我们就再来多看看其它的经典句子。
Do you think, because I am poor, obscure, plain, and little,I am soulless and heartless?
你以为我穷、卑微、普通、渺小,就没有灵魂没有感情了吗?
You think wrong! 你想错了!
I have as much soul as you, -- and full as much heart! 我和你一样有灵魂,一样多的感情。
And if God had gifted me with some beauty and much wealth, I should have made it as hard for you to leave me, as it is now for me to leave you.
如果上帝赋予我美貌和财富,我一定要使你难以离开我 , 就像现在我难以离开你。
I am not talking to you now through the medium of custom, conventionalities, nor even of mortal flesh; it is my spirit that addresses your spirit;just as if both had passed through the grave, and we stood at God's feet, equal, -- as we are!
我不在用世俗老套的东西跟你说话, 也不是用我的肉体跟你说话, 是我的灵魂在向你的灵魂呼唤, 就如同你跟我经过坟墓, 同样站在上帝面前, 就像现在的我们!
So come out at last. You shut yourself in your room and grieve alone. Not one word of reproach.Nothing.Is that to be my punishment? I didn't mean to wound you like this. Do you believe that?I wouldn't hurt you not for the world.What was I to do? Confess everything I might as well have lost my life.
总算出来了。你把自己关在房间里一个人伤心。一句责难的话也没有。什么都没有。这就是对我的惩罚?我不是有心要这样伤你,你相信吗?我无论如何也不会伤害你,我怎么办?都对你说了我就会失去你,那我还不如去死。
那是一种内在的东西, 他们抵达不了,也无法触及的,那是你的。
There is something inside ,that they can't get to , that they can't touch. That's yours.
你知道,有些鸟儿是注定不会被关在樊笼里的,它们的每一片羽毛都闪耀着自由的光辉。
Hope is a good thing and maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies.
盼望是一个好东西,大概是最好的,好东西是不会灭亡的。
Life is too short, can not be used vengeful build hate生命太短促,不能用来记仇蓄恨
Do you think,because I am poor,obscure,plain,and littele,I am soulless and heartless?You think wrong!-I have as much soul as you-and full as much heart!
难道就因为我一贫如洗,默默无闻,长相平庸,个子瘦小,就没有灵魂,没有心肠了——你想错了,我的心灵跟你一样丰富,我的心胸一样充实!
I think the bird flies but the sea birds fly, is that no courage of the sea, years later I discovered, not the bird flies past, but not the other side of the sea, and had no waiting
我以为小鸟飞不过沧海,是以为小鸟没有飞过沧海的勇气,十年以后我才发现,不是小鸟飞不过去,而是沧海的那一头,早已没有了等待
.You know some birds are not meant to be caged, their feathers are just too bright.
你知道,有些鸟儿是注定不会被关在樊笼里的,它们的每一片羽毛都闪耀着自由的光辉。
.There is something inside ,that they can't get to , that they can't touch. That's yours.
那是一种内在的东西, 他们抵达不了,也无法触及的,那是你的。
.Life was like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.
生命就像一盒巧克力,结果每每出人意料。
.Miracles happen every day.
奇迹每天都在产生
It made me look like a duck in water.
它让我如鱼得水。
I don't know if we each have a destiny, or if we're all just floating around accidentally―like on a breeze.
我不懂我们能否有着各自的运气,还是只是随处随风飘荡。
0Everything you see exists together in a delicate balance.
世界上全部的生命都在微妙的平衡中生活。
.Do you think,because I am poor,obscure,plain,and little,I am soulless and heartless?You think wrong!- I have as much soul as you,- and full as much heart!And if God had gifted me with some beauty and much wealth,I should have made it as hard for you to leave me,as it is now for me to leave you.I am not talking to you now through the medium of custom,conventionalities,nor even of mortal flesh;- it is my spirit that addresses your spirit; just as if both had passed through the grave,and we stood at God's feet,equal,- as we are!
难道就因为我一贫如洗默默无闻长相平庸个子瘦小,就没有灵魂,没有心肠了?——你不是想错了吗?——我的心灵跟你一样丰富,我的心胸跟你一样充实!要是上帝赐予我一点姿色和充足的财富,我会使你同我现在一样难分难舍,我不是根据习俗常规,甚至也不是血肉之躯同你说话,而是我的灵魂同你的灵魂在对话,就仿佛我们两人穿过坟墓,站在上帝脚下,彼此平等——本来就如此!”
I have not been trampled on.我从未像这样被人摧残过
I have not been petrified.我从没有这样伤心过
I have not been excluded from everyglimpse of what is bright.从来没有像这样看不见一丝希望
I have known you, Mr. Rochester,我能理解您 罗彻斯特先生
and it strikes me with anguish to betorn from you.离开您使我非常痛苦
Then why must you leave?那为何要离开?
Because of your wife!因为你的妻子!
I have no wife.我没有妻子
0But you are to be married.但是你要结婚了啊
Jane, you must stay.简 你一定要留下
And become nothing to you?然后让你对我视若无物?
Am I a machine without feelings?难道我是一个没有情感的机器吗?
Do you think that because I am poor,obscure, plain and little难道我贫穷默默无闻 长相平庸 瘦小
that I am soulless and heartless?就没有灵魂和感情吗?
I have as much soul as you and full asmuch heart.我和你一样有灵魂和感情
And if God had blessed me with beautyand wealth,并且如果上帝赋予我美貌和财富
I could make it as hard for you toleave me我也可以让你离不开我
as it is for I to leave you.就如同我离不开你一样
0I'm not speaking to you through mortalflesh.不是我的肉体凡胎在和你交流
It is my spirit that addresses yourspirit,我是在用灵魂和你交流
as if we'd passed through the graveand stood at God's feet, equal,as we are.就像我们魂归主后 站在上帝的面前 我们是平等的
As we are.我们是平等的
I am a free human being with anindependent will,我是一个拥有自由意志的人
which I now exert to leave you.我现在决意要离开你
Then let your will decide yourdestiny.那就让你的意志来决定你的命运吧
I offer you my hand, my heart.我把我的手 我的心都交给你
Jane,简
I ask you to pass through life at myside.我请求你陪我共度余生
You are my equal and my likeness.我们是平等的 你是我的挚爱
Will you marry me?你愿意嫁给我吗?
Are you mocking me?你是在嘲笑我吗?
Do you doubt me?你是在怀疑我吗?
Entirely!当然了!
Your bride is Miss Ingram.你的新娘是Ingram小姐
Miss Ingram? Ingram小姐?
She is the machine without feelings.她才是没有情感的机器
It's you. You rare, unearthly thing.是你 超凡脱俗 世间罕见
Poor and obscure as you are,出身寒微 默默无闻
0please accept me as your husband.请接收我做你的丈夫
I must have you for my own.为了我自己 我必须要娶你
You wish me to be your wife?你希望我做你的妻子?
I swear it.我发誓
You love me?你爱我吗?
I do.是的
Then, sir, I will marry you.那么 先生 我愿意嫁给你