简单短小的英语小笑话阅读
笑话是一种颇受人们喜爱的民间叙事类型,材料丰富,有广泛的现实基础。小编整理了简单短小的英语小笑话,欢迎阅读!
简单短小的英语小笑话篇一
Miles sometime went to the barber's during working hours to have his hair cut.
麦尔斯有时在上班时间去理发馆理发,
But this was against the office rules: clerks had to have their hair cut in their own time.
但这是违反办公室规定的:职员只能利用自己的时间理发。
While Miles was at the barber's one day,
一天,正当麦尔斯理发时,
the manager of the office came in by chance to have his own hair cut and sat just beside him.
经理碰巧也进来理发,而且就坐在他旁边。
"Hello, Miles," the manager said.
“你好,麦尔斯,”经理说。"
I see that you are having your hair cut in office time."
“我看到你在上班时间理发了。”
"Yes, sir, I am," admitted Miles calmly.
“是的,先生。正是这样。”麦尔斯平静地承认了。
"You see, sir, it grows in office time."
可先生,你看,头发是在上班时间长的。“
"Not all of it," said the manager at once.
“不全都是吧,”经理立刻说,"
Some of it grows in your own time."
“有一些是在你自己的时间里长的。”
"Yes, sir, that's quite true."
“对呀,先生,你说得很对。”
Answered Miles politely, "but I'm not having it all cut off."
麦尔斯礼貌地回答说,“但我并没有把头发全都剪掉啊。”
简单短小的英语小笑话篇二
A man wrote a letter to a small hotel he planned to visit on his vacation: "I would very much like to bring my dog with me.
一个人给一家他计划在假期里停留的小旅馆写了封信,“我非常希望带着我的狗,
He is well-groomed and very well behaved.
它很干净很有教养,
Would you be willing to permit me to keep him in my room with me at night?"
你能允许它和我睡一间屋子吗?”
An immediate reply came from the hotel owner, who said, "I've been operating this hotel for many years.
旅馆主人立即回了封信,“我经营旅馆很多年了,
In all that time, I've never had a dog steal towels, bedclothes, silverware or pictures off the walls.
狗从没偷过毛巾,床单, 餐具,或者墙上的画。
I've never had to evict a dog in the middle of the night for being drunk and disorderly.
我也从没有在半夜因为狗喝醉胡闹而赶走它,
And I've never had a dog run out on a hotel bill.
狗也从不不付帐就跑掉。
Yes, indeed, your dog is welcome at my hotel.
实际上我们非常欢迎您的狗来我们旅馆
And, if your dog will vouch for you,
如果它为您担保
you're welcome to stay here, too."
也欢迎您来。
简单短小的英语小笑话篇三
Dan was the doorman of a club in a big city.
丹在一个大城市的某个俱乐部当守门人。
Everyday, thousands of people passed his door,
每天都有数千人经过他的门口,
and a lot of them stopped and asked him, "What's the time, please?"
而且许多人都会停下来问他:“请问现在几点?”
After a few months, Dan said to himself, "I'm not going to answer all those stupid people any more.
几个月后,丹想:“我不想再回答这些蠢人提出的问题了,
I'm going to buy a big clock
我要去买一只大钟,
and put it upon the wall here."
把它挂在这儿的墙上。
Then he did so.
于是他买了一只钟,把它挂在了墙上。
“Now people aren't going to stop and ask me the time," he thought happily.“
现在人们总不会再停下来问我时间了。”他高兴地想。
But after that, a lot of people stopped,
可是打那以后,每天仍有许多人停下来,
looked at the clock and then asked Dan, "Is that clock right?”