英语手抄报版面大全

2017-01-13

professed love of what one really fears(叶公好龙)

in the spring and autumn period (770-476bc), there lived in chu a person named ye zhuliang, who addressed himself as "lord ye". it's said that this lord ye was very fond of dragons. the walls had dragons painted on them. the beams, pillars, doors and the windows were all carved with them. as a result, his love for dragons was spread out. when the real dragon in heaven heard of this lordeeply moved. he decided to visit lord ye to thank him. you might think lord ye was very happy to see a real dragon. but, actually, at very the sight of the creature, he was scared out of his wits and ran away as fast as he could. from then on, people knew that lord ye only loved pictures or carvings which look like dragons, not the real thing.

译文:

春秋楚国叶诸梁,自称"叶公"。 据说,这位叶公爱龙成癖,家里的梁、柱、门、窗上都雕着龙,墙上也画着龙。 就这样,叶公爱好龙的名声,被人们传扬开了。天上的真龙,听说人间有这么一位叶公,对它如此喜爱,很受感动,决定去叶公家对他表示谢意。人们也许会想叶公看见真龙时会有多高兴。实际上,当叶公看见那条龙时,顿时吓得魂飞魄散,赶紧逃走。从此人们明白了叶公爱好的其实并不是真龙,而是似龙非龙的东西而已。

Going South by Driving the Chariot North(南辕北辙)

Once a man wanted to go to the south, but his carriage was heading north. A passer-by asked him: 'If you are going to the south, why is your chariot heading north? ' The man answered, 'My horse is good at running, my driver is highly skilled at driving a carriage, and I have enough money. ' The man didn't consider that the direction might be wrong; the better his conditions were, the further he was away from his destination.

译文

从前有个人要到南方去,他坐的车子却向北方行驶。过路人说:“你去南方,车子怎么向北行驶呢?”他回答说:“我的马很能跑路,我的车夫驾车的技术也很高明,加上我又带了充足的路费。”这个人没有考虑到,方向弄反了,他的条件越好,离他要去的地方就越远。

寓意

后来人们就把这个故事概括为“南辕北辙”,比喻一个人的行为和他的目的正好相反。

The idiom derived from this story indicates that one's action was the opposite effect to one's intention.

贺词:

Good luck, good health, hood cheer. I wish you a happy New Year.

祝好运、健康、佳肴伴你度过一个快乐新年。

With best wishes for a happy New Year!

祝新年快乐,并致以良好的祝福。

I hope you have a most happy and prosperous New Year.

谨祝新年快乐幸福,大吉大利。

With the compliments of the season.

祝贺佳节。

May the season's joy fill you all the year round.

愿节日的愉快伴你一生。

Season's greetings and best wishes for the New Year.

祝福您,新年快乐。

Please accept my season's greetings.

请接受我节日的祝贺。

To wish you joy at this holy season. Wishing every happiness will always be with you.恭祝新年吉祥,幸福和欢乐与你同在

Good health, good luck and much happiness throughout the year.

恭祝健康、幸运,新年快乐。

May the joy and happiness around you today and always.

愿快乐幸福永伴你左右。

Please accept my sincere wishes for the New Year. I hope you will continue

to enjoy good health.

请接受我诚挚的新年祝福,顺祝身体健康。

Allow me to congratulate you on the arrival of the New Year and to extend to

you all my best wishes for your perfect health and lasting prosperity.

恭贺新禧,祝身体健康、事业发达。

Best wishes for the holidays and happiness throughout the New Year.

恭贺新禧,万事如意。

诗词:

Hope you will join with me in bringing in the new spring.

愿和你一起迎春接福。

The coming of spring means the coming of new hopes.

春天的来临,象征新希望的到来。

May you have many dreams fulfilled.

祝你许多美梦都能成真。

We wish you a renewed hope in life.

我们祝福你再度燃起生命的希望。

Please join us to light off firecrackers.

让我们一起来燃放爆竹除旧岁。

We hope your family and my family can get together for a celebration like last year.

我们希望你们全家与我们家能像去年一样,聚在一起共同庆祝新年。

Wishing you and your family peace and prosperity for the coming year.

祝福你与家人吉祥平安。

May the people of the nation live happily and wealthily this upcoming year.

愿新的一年里国富民安。

更多相关阅读

最新发布的文章